Best Summer Foundations: my top picks
During last couple of years I’ve been completely obsessed with base make up in order to obtein a flawless result. At the first time I’ve been more for matte, high coverage foundations but recently I definitely changed my mind: you can better achieve a perfect face appereance with a lighter base, more natural and trasparent which reflects natural skin’s glow. Then you can cover spots with a concealer, setting with a powder or building up a second layer of foundation if needed. But in my opinion all these best summer foundations provide the right amount of coverage for enlarged pores, discolorations and little blemishes.
On summer it’s so much important choosing the right foundation because hot weather and sweating make a heavy foundation a nightmare. So for me best summer foundations have to be lightweight on skin.
I tried a quite lot foundations and these are the best summer foundations options in my opinion. For reference, I am fair with combination acne prone skin so all these choices have a quite good colour selection for pale people and don’t break me out.
Best summer foundations
- Meow Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in Pampered formulation (medium layerable coverage). This is one of the best mineral foundations I’ve tried so far. Once buffed into skin it has a creamy texture which doesn’t look powdery or cakey. It has a similar effect to traditional foundation and it doesn’t look too flat or matte. I highly recommend it if you have combination to oily skin. Since they have a huge colour selection you’d better order some samples before buying a full size. Thanks to their colours I finally managed to understand my skin undertone! For MAC I’m around N15 and in this foundation I wear a custom made mix: Sphynx Inquisitive and Sleek mixed with Persian Inquisitive and Sleek. Remember to use a mineral sunscreen underneath!
- Missha Cho Bo Yang #1 Natural Beige. I’m deeply in love with original Korean BB Creams and Missha ones are my favourites. They are completely different from our Western BB Creams: usually they have a very high sun protection, a medium to high coverage and a pink/greyish undercast as colour correction which best suits Asian beauties. This one has a SPF 30 and it is more moisturizing than Perfect Cover and it’s perfect for drier skin. Although I have combination skin I really like it because it doesn’t mark dry patches and hold up well in the heat.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1. I have a little problem with MAC foundations: their NC are a bit too yellow and their NW are a bit too orange for my skin. On me N1 (equal to NW15) turns also a bit too dark but C1 (= NC15) – which I find a little lighter than N1 – was sold out so I ended up buying this one. Despite that I now understand why every MUA I’ve met loves this foundation. It has a liquid, sticky texture and you may experience some troubles in applying it. Best ways to apply it are your hands or a dense foundation brush such as Real Techniques Expert Face using it as if you’re painting your face. Once it’s set it gives the most gorgeous natural and radiant finish and you feel absolutely nothing on your face. It is water based and it isn’t greasy. It lasts seriously all day long under every weather condition and it’s also perfect to even out your legs. It doesn’t have a sun protection so remeber to use a sunscreen if you’re not using it for photoshoots.
- Becca Luminous Skin Colour in Porcelain. This one is not the best choice if you have oily skin. It has the sheerest coverage of the bunch but it’s absolutely amazing. It’s a sort of tinted moisturizer mixed with a liquid highlighter. It gives a great radiant finish to skin and it reflects light so well that your skin appears completely evened out and glowing. It has a SPF 25+ which is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer.
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Ivory. To me this is not any similar to Oriental BB and CC Creams but I consider it as a light to medium coverage foundation. Colour match is absolutely perfect for my complexion: it is a little less yellow than Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. Texture is between liquid and gel and provides the right amount of coverage for my skin. It doesn’t settle into lines and doesn’t mark dry patches. It states to correct skin colour with three pigments (apricot for anti-tiredness, green for anti-redness and white for dark sposts). What it really does is evening out complextion covering all discolorations and little blemishes. It has been my favourite make up base during last month! Such a shame it has a low SPF…
As you can see these best summer foundations are not traditional foundations: everyone has a speficif feature that makes it unique. I really hope that I gave you some suggestions for finding your best summer foundations!
No Responses to “Best Summer Foundations: my top picks”
- June 2014 Favourites: my most played | Kenderasia - […] Best Summer Foundations: my top picks […]