A week ago, I had the chance to have a makeover at Laura Mercier‘s counter which in Italy is traded by Stefano Saccani group. Here in Italy Laura Mercier is not well known since it’s can be considered a niche brand and you can find it also in exclusive, luxury stores.
The lovely mua showed me all new products and philosophy under Laura Mercier. Laura Mercier‘s focus is all on complexion: the most important thing in make up is having a perfect, flawless base. So, essential steps are:
- a good skincare routine: I did’nt know Laura Mercier‘s skincare range but I loved the Dual Action Eye Makeup Remover and the Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum spf 15 sunscreen for normal/combination skin.
- primer: Laura Mercier‘s primers are the top product of the brand. Laura Mercier invented the concept itself of primer. Nowadays there are 6 different primers in Laura Mercier‘s range. On me mua used the original Foundation Primer.
- foundation: Laura Mercier has the best foundations out there, believe me. I’m absolutely in love with Silk Crème Foundation but this time I want to try something new so the mua applied on me the Moisture Suprême Foundation in Warm Ivory for hydrating the skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- concealer: Laura Mercier has the most amazing concealer for blemishes, dark spots etc. and it’s the most requested during fashion shows. I’m talking about the famous Secret Camouflage which I’ve just bought in SC-2. It covers anything without looking heavy or cakey. Since it has a dense texture you have to work it well on your hand before applying. For dark circles it’s better a cremier concealre such as Secret Concealer.
- powder: mua on me opted for a radiant look so she skipped a mattifying powder and add some Invisible loose setting powder only under the eye to fix concealer.
- blush and highlighter: the final touch. Laura Mercier has the amazing Shimmer Bloc which can be used as blush and highlighter at the same time. Pink mosaic shade is stunningly beautiful!
- eye make up: I usually wear a smoky eye but mua tried a different look that I liked very much. A light, luminous shade on lid and a matte taupe in the crease to add definition. A black/violet eye pencil along the top lashline and over the new Crème eye liner in Violet, one of the most beautiful colour I’ve ever seen. A bit of dark grey eyeshadow in the outer corner, eyelash curler and mascara. I have full brows so she only used eye brow pencil with light touches.
- lips: one of the new Crème smooth lip colour in Pink Dust, a colour between deep pink and berry.
Here you can see some of photos of products she used on me and new ones. I really enjoied this experience, Laura Mercier is one of the brand I love the most so many, many thanks to Saccani‘s staff and Alice
No Responses to “Laura Mercier – Makeover at the counter”
- November 2013 Favourites and Most Played | Kenderasia - […] a staple in my stash. Seriously, this stuff is amazing: it covers anything and as you can read here, …