Summer 2014 Skincare Routine
Hi! Today’s post will be about my Summer 2014 Skincare Routine. I tend to not accumulate too much products for my skincare routine, I prefer to focus on some specific products. During summer I usually keep my skincare routine a lot lighter than the rest of the year. So, less products: all essentials, refreshening and still effective.
I have acne prone combination skin but during last three months I had a few breakouts compared to last winter maybe because my hormonal troubles and health issues set right. Of course, this is my personal skincare routine but you can find your inspirations if you have a similar skin! My key products? A refreshening, not oily cleansing: have you ever tried a micellar water to remove your make up? Try a lightweight facial serum instead of a traditional cream moisturizer. Exfoliation is so good for your skin, I like to alternate mechanical and chemical exfoliations for best results. Last but not least, never forget your sunscreen: the higher SPF the better.
So, let’s see in detail my Summer 2014 Skincare Routine
Morning Summer 2014 Skincare Routine steps:
- Deep cleansing with John Masters Organics Bearberry Skin Balancing Face Wash* and Clarisonic Mia (not pictured here). The John Masters Organics cleanser appears as a simple water that transform in an extremely lightweight foam. Used with Clarisonic or on itself alone it leaves my skin refreshed and deep cleaned removing all oil excess but without drying.
- Hydrate and nourish your skin in depth. I so much prefer a lightweight serum than an heavy cream. This REN Hydra-calm Youth Defence Serum (now it’s called Evercalm™ Anti-Redness Serum) leaves my skin hydrated and smooth without any greasy feeling. It is so complete that I don’t need a moisturizer after that.
- Eye contour care: our eye contour skin is so much thin and sensitive, especially during summer. UV rays may cause a lot of damages in our eye area, so always wear sunglasses out in the sun and never forget a nourishing eye cream. I’m using Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream: a tiny amount is all you need, mind to massage it well into skin.
- Final touch: even if I have combination skin I sometimes feel that my skin is a bit dehydrated. I like to give it a hydration surplus with a toning effect in the morning with John Masters Organics Rose & Aloe Hydrating Toning Mist*. You can carry it with you during the day for a refreshening and soothing touch.
- Sunscreen. Always. Right now I’m using Bioderma Photoderm Spot / Laser SPF50+ but I’ll switch to a La Roche Posay one too because this is almost finished.
Night Summer 2014 Skincare Routine steps:
- Take all of your make up off! When I tried Bioderma Créaline H2O Micellar Water (Sensibio outside France) for the first time I immediately understood all the blabbing around this product. It removes all my make up, even the thoughest one, without effort. It is effective but still very gentle, since I don’t get any redness and it doesn’t leave any residual or oily film. A couple of cotton pads are all you’ll need for a full face long lasting make up.
- Deep cleansing with previously mentioned John Masters Organics Bearberry Skin Balancing Face Wash without using Clarisonic. You can’t imagine how much dirty particles remain onto your skin.
- Eye contour care again with Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream!
- Exfoliate! I started trying chemical exfoliation and now I’m seeing how much it can do for a dull and uneven skin. Right now I’m using every other day Alpha-H Liquid Gold which is basically glycolic acid in liquid form. After two months my skin is softer, smoother and more even. And I didn’t experience any breakout since then. Be careful though: AHA and BHA (glycolic and salcylic acids) are photosensitive so use them only at night and wear a super high UV protection during day!
2 Responses to “Summer 2014 Skincare Routine”
- John Masters Organics Rose and Aloe Hydrating Toning Mist - Kenderasia - […] and Aloe Hydrating Toning Mist*. I’ve already talked about my summer skincare beauty routine here, but now it’s time …